Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My card has four names on it. In trying to open an account…

Customer Question
My card has four...

My card has four names on it. In trying to open an account thereare only spaces for first name, middle initial and last name. Which of the four names on the card should I use?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The name on the card is Patricia Ann Washmon Carnes.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

We prefer Patricia A. Carnes. Washmon is a maiden surname.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can use the name you prefer to open the account--Patricia A. Carnes.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb