Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am getting ready to retire. Will my ss benefit be effected…

Customer Question
I am getting ready...

I am getting ready to retire. Will my ss benefit be effected by the windfall act? My husband is not eligible for ss benefits as he did not pay into it. I have worked and paid ss taxes for more than 45 years.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/20/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 11 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

No, as you have worked and paid into the system, your retirement benefits off your working record will not be affected. If you were applying for spousal benefits, then yes, the benefits would be affected.

You might find the article at the following link to be beneficial.

http://www.nea.org/home/17745.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If all is clear, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.