lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I'll be 62yrs od in June 17 2016. How early can I file for

I'll be 62yrs od in June 17 2016. How early can I file for SSA benefits
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I would like for file early benefit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: My birth day june 17 1956. my ssa number is###-##-####

You already may file your application.

You can apply for Social Security retirement benefits when you are at least 61 years and 9 months of age.

You should apply three months before you want your benefits to start.

Let me know if you need further help.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What will be my benefits be

Generally - you will need to apply when you will turn your FRA - full retirement age - that is 66 years and 4 months because your year of birth is 1956.

If you start benefits earlier - they will be permanently reduced - but benefits will be that you will be receiving longer.

If you are looking for actual amount of your benefits - you will need to order your SSA statement.
That may be done online or over the phone.