TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

Is there an age when some one must apply for social security

Is there an age when some one must apply for social security benefits? I they are receiving their SS benefit and still working, they are age 70, will the full SS benefit continue?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can a person continue working after age 70 and still receive their full SS benefit check?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You can start your Social Security retirement benefits as early as age 62 or as late as age 70. If working after one reaches their full retirement age (for most that is 66) SSA does not reduce or limit their benefits.

So yes, a person that is 70 and still working while receiving their benefits, does not have their benefits reduced because of work.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.