Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want too change banks for direct deposit, how to change…

Customer Question
I want too change...

I want too change banks for direct deposit

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How to change bank for direct deposit?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/19/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting the direct deposit changed. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) make the change immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can do this for you

OR

...

(3) ... You can go directly to your bank. All depository institutions have the forms for this

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – You may need to scroll up to see the stars.

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane