Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my ss benefits current month only, need to…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my ss benefits current month only

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need to show what amount I get monthly

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Son trying to get auto I'm trying to co-sing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/19/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. Social Security does not correspond electronically…. (OTHER than to allow you to use the online MySocialSecurity account, discussed below).

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your Award/Benefit verification. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

HI, MY NAME’S LANE - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986