Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Is it possible to get 2016 year end tax form (w-2/1098)?? my…

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to get 2016 year end tax form (w-2/1098)??

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband & I were moving first part of year --then sold house we had owned for 42 years -- it was overwhelming and so we filed for extention.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I thought i had my form from SSA but it was just a December statement i need forms to meet October deadline for filing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/18/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. Social Security does not correspond electronically…. (OTHER than to allow you to use the online MySocialSecurity account, discussed below).

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your 1099-SSSA. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).