Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my last 1099 or letter of monetary payments…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my last 1099 or letter of monetary payments to be used in refinancing my home. How can I find them on-line

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What kind of information do you need.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No, I just can't locate last year's 1099 & need it as proof of income while refinancing my home. I was told that I can get it from you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/18/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 11 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't show up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at ssa.gov at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail. Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route:

www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

Click on the Sign In or Create an Account

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form should appear.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want.

Please not that the SSA changes/updates their web pages so that the above references may be slightly different from what you see, but if so, you should be able to see what you need to do.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

...........................