Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a printout of my Social Security award letter from…

Customer Question
I need a printout...

I need a printout of my Social Security award letter from December. I have tried to set up an account but had trouble with getting my code until a few moments ago. I would rather just get a printout. Thank You, ***** *****

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No, I don't think so. Nothing has changed.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/18/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 11 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Due to Privacy Laws, only you and the Social Security Administration have access to your personal information, so we can't print-out a copy of your Awards Letter for you.

If you have been successful in setting up a "MySocialSecurity" account, you've completed the difficult part of the process. You should be able to access the section where you can actually print-out a copy of your Awards Letter yourself or at least an Official Substitute that will provide the same information.

The alternative is to call or visit your local office and have them print-out the information for you. Here's a link that you can (with your Zipcode) use to locate your local office (& their phone number) where you can request the same information. If you decide to visit the office, I recommend that you make an appointment as otherwise you may experience an extended waiting time to see someone.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,

You can also either call or visit your local Social Security office to obtain a print-out of your Award Letter.