Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I took my social security early as financially we were way…

Customer Question
I took my social...

I took my social security early as financially we were way underwater. I had lost my good paying job my husband was involoved in a vehicle accident and could not work. Because I was only 63 at time between all my part time jobs I made to much. Now they are taking my social security to repay the overpayment. Without it we cannot pay our bills. I have paper work to fill out for waiver of overpayment recovery but I do not understand most of it

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/18/2017
Social Security Expert: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What are the questions you have about the form?

You are going to need to prove the significant financial hardship to get them to waive reimbursement.

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY