Social Security

Connect one-on-one with a verified social security expert who will answer your question

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

More related answers
All social security experts are VERIFIED
My wife and I have drafted a Living Trust. We'd like SS
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
My wife and I have drafted a Living Trust. We'd like SS checks to be deposited into our new Trust account. What is the process? … read more
I need a social security expert regarding ID theft. An old
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney
I need a social security expert regarding ID theft.An old housemate stole my social security number. He called wanting to make it right. I am losing faith that he is sincere about that as the days go … read more
I am 66 years old. I started taking soc sec at age 62 and worked
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
I am 66 years old. I started taking soc sec at age 62 and worked part-time. This was not meeting my needs so I am 66 now and have gone back full time and plan to work until I am 70. . I understand tha… read more
I would like to read your site first. Yes. I want the six
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Yes. I want the six word phrase that will raise my Social Security benefits due the law change that goes into effect in May 2016. What are the 6 words that I need to tell Social Security? Thank you. … read more
I am married and I filled out papers from ss husband since
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I am married and I filled out papers from ss for my husband since he is mentally disable. He left home no notice and called me and said he chose to travel the world and do drugs. He gave me permission… read more
I am in a power wheelchair and first time in over three
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney
I am in a power wheelchair and for the first time in over three years the chair stopped moving and light that is for service came on. I was told when I received the chair the before any service could … read more
In 2010 I retired from the State of Iowa. I had been a widow
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
In 2010 I retired from the State of Iowa. I had been a widow for 15 years at that time and I was 63 at the time I retired. I went to the Social Security office and applied for SS benefits. I was advis… read more
62 yrs old trying to figure out if I should sign up now or
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Customer: ***** ***** 62 yrs old trying to figure out if I should sign up for ss now or wait … read more
I am going to retire in a few months at age 62. I can easily
LawTalk, Attorney
I am going to retire in a few months at age 62. I can easily live on my savings for at least 8 years until I am 70 - should I do this, and does it affect the amount that I can collect. Does the amount… read more
The SSA claims to have overpaid me $9308 and wants
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
The SSA claims to have overpaid me $9308 for 2014 and wants to withhold my checks for the next 6 months to recover it. What should i do?… read more
I am confused about the consequences of file and suspend.
ShawnA
ShawnA, CEO
I am confused about the consequences of file and suspend. I file at 66 (my FRA) and continue working until I am 70, I know I get to collect all the benefits that would have been paid during those year… read more
I have been receiving SSI past 6 years. I went back
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I have been receiving SSI for the past 6 years. I went back to work several years ago and my employer deducts SS Tax. What impact will this have on my SSI when I stop working? Will there be an increas… read more
I am 68 and started drawing at 66 I am still working and plan
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I am 68 and started drawing at 66 I am still working and plan to work about 5 more years. I am still paying the max social security tax. Will this cause my bases to go up and increase my benifit?… read more
Is it possible to stop my spousal benefit and begin my SS retirement
LawTalk, Attorney
Is it possible to stop my spousal benefit and begin my SS retirement benefit (I wil soon be 70) on line? Office appointments are unavailable! Thx. Robert… read more
As of March 4, 2014, I was 66 and still working even though
As of March 4, 2014, I was 66 and still working even though I'm at full retirement age. I would like to continue working and apply for a lump sum of 6 months of what I would be able to receive. My pla… read more
I am about to receive my first check on June 13. This is my
retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Attorney
I am about to receive my first check on June 13. This is my early retirement check. I believe I have a good chance of a job which pays a lot more than I can pass up. If I do go to work on this job, ho… read more
I will turn 70 in July 2012. I asked Social Security to
LawTalk, Attorney
I will turn 70 in July 2012. I asked Social Security to start my benefits at age 70. The Rep began them March 2012. I visited the local SS office and that Rep had me sign a form she said would be sent… read more
i am still working i am 58 years old i have emphysema & glaucoma
Ellen, Attorney
i am still working i am 58 years old i have emphysema & glaucoma it is starting to interfear with my work can i apply for ssdi while still working or do i stop working first… read more