Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to get my social security award letter, how do I get…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get my social security award letter, how do I get it?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am applying for a equity loan and the Credit Union loan officer needs the document to complete my file.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. Social Security does not correspond electronically.

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your Award/Benefit verification letter. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).