Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I get to the the copy of an Awards Letter, I need…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get to the the copy of an Awards Letter

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need this to get my cancer information to give to the pharmacy company. They are asking for this as one of the papers they need to have for their records

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 11 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.

from SSA.gov:

How can I get a benefit verification letter?

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The easiest way is to establish your MySocialSecurity Account. You will need some proof of identity, but it takes only a few minutes.

Once you are enrolled, you can get a copy of your awards letter online and download directly for your printout at home.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer

PS The SSA material was reprinted from: https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3705