Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a award letter, buying a house, the bank want a award…

Customer Question
I need a award...

I need a award letter

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Buying a house

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

The bank want a award letter

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/16/2017
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 11 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and will be helping you today.

from SSA.gov:

How can I get a benefit verification letter?

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The easiest way is to establish your MySocialSecurity Account. You will need some proof of identity, but it takes only a few minutes.

Once you are enrolled, you can get a copy of your awards letter online and download directly for your printout at home.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

PS The SSA material was reprinted from: https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3705