Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Ssi told me I have 30 days to pay a overpayment of 26,000…

Customer Question
Ssi told me I...

Ssi told me I have 30 days to pay a overpayment of 26,000 witch was not my falt, or they will stop my ssi check, what lawer can help me with this problem. I'm on disability and 65 years old

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I came off workmens comp in feb, took the letter to ssi for adjustment. they have been giveing me . 1,06 a month. told it will go up 17,00 a month,7 months ago,i just got ssi letter today. they will pay the 17,00 but I have 30 days to pay 26,000 over payment that was not my fault or lose my ssi till its paid back. what lawer can help me with this, I'm on ssi disability an over 65 years old. need some help I'm in v.a. beach

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/15/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

HI, MY NAME’S LANE - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

I'd start by contacting these three firms. They all serve the area and all have a good track record in the disability area.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – You may need to scroll up to see the stars.

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane