Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Is there any type of assistance I can get to help me pay for…

Customer Question
Is there any type...

Is there any type of assistance I can get to help me pay for my diabetes required insulin?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have to take lantus and novalog injections to control my dabetes. even ordering out of Canada is very expensive but I don't know any other way to cut my monthly costs. I have no prescription insurance and since it is close to enrolment time, will this help me?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No, not really..........the costs of the insulin is almost a quarter of my monthly social security check!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/14/2017
Social Security Expert: Chad Schoch,
 replied 11 months ago
Chad Schoch

Hello - I am here to help. And I actually have great experience when it relates to a topic such as this

Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 11 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

I'mCustomer A different expert. I will assist.

US meds are priced much higher than in other parts of the world. I have bought from Canada, most recently for medicines for my mom. The price savings is amazing sometimes.

In order to have some pricing compassion, US based drug suppliers often offer discounted copay or free prescriptions for their medicines, typically based on income need.

I looked first for novalog, and this is from their website:

If you have questions about insurance reimbursement for NovoLog®, you can contact our call center at 1-***-***-****. Please have your insurance information with you when you call. This includes your managed care plan name and your group number, which should be on your insurance card.

If you can’t afford the cost of your insulin, we may be able to help. Making our products available to people who need them but cannot afford them is part of Novo Nordisk's commitment to helping people with diabetes. Anyone with diabetes who meets the eligibility requirements can receive NovoLog®, or any other Novo Nordisk product free of charge as long as they stay eligible.

You can find the patient assistance program application and guidelines at the Novo Nordisk Diabetes Resource website.

https://www.novolog.com/type-2-diabetes/general-type-2/savings-and-coverage/patient-assistance-program.html is the link if needed.

Now to lantus:

Sanofi offers patient assistance for their drug, especially if you ave no other health coverage.

http://www.rxassist.org/search/prog-details?program_Id=614&PD_Id=614&Drug_Id=1142&Company_Id=49&search_type=2 is the link.

Address:PO Box 222138
Charlotte, NC###-##-####/p>

Phone:1-***-***-**** Provider Phone:

Fax:1-***-***-**** Website:Program Website

You can apply to both manufacturers directly, online or via phone.

You may be eligible for Medicare and/or Medicaid, and these programs may require that you enroll if eligible. But you may be eligible for free meds without enrolling, so it will pay to check the cost both ways.

I hope you are eligible, and can get relief for those high priced meds.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer