keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

My social security check is late this month. I have direct

Customer Question

My social security check is late this month. I have direct deposit.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My check comes on the second Wednesday of the month. Today is thursday
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The Social Security Administration advises that you should wait 3 business days before calling to follow-up on any missing payment.

I only mention this as if you call today or tomorrow, they may give you that information and tell you to call back Monday or Tuesday.

However, I would call today or tomorrow to follow-up on the missing payment. The number Social Security provides to call is(###) ###-####

Since that number often involves extended wait times on "hold" (30 to 45 minutes), and then they sometimes hand up on you, I recommend that you call your local SSA office instead.

Here's a link where, using your Zipcode, you can find the address & phone number of your local SSA office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

They have access to the same information and should be able to tell you why your payment was not deposited as scheduled.

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,