Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I found an old SS check date 09/13/213, I want to see i it

Customer Question

I found an old SS check date 09/13/213, I want to see i it is still valid.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: is an old SS check still valid id it is dated 09/13/2013
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Checks are issued with the words “VOID AFTER ONE YEAR” printed across the face of the check. If you have a check that you have not cashed past the one-year time limit, you will not be able to cash it. Contact a Social Security office to have the check reissued.Apr 18, 2006

SSA Handbook § 123 - Social Security