Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My checking account has been closed due to compromise. Our,

Customer Question
My checking account has...

My checking account has been closed due to compromise. Our

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Social security checks will hit next Tuesday but it won't go through now. Can I get it put on another paycard or something and how long will that take?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/14/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 11 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

You will need to contact social security directly, either via phone or by going into a local office to see if there is another pay card that your benefits can be put on. It usually takes at least a week to set up direct deposits and payments to cards. I suggest that you call social security, or go into an office today to inquire about this. Worst case scenario, the check may have to be mailed to you or you may have to pick the check up at a social security office.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, I ask that you be so kind as to take the time and scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.