Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Bank account was compromised, need to give new checking

Customer Question
Bank account was compromised...

Bank account was compromised, need to give new checking account info.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need to give you new checking acct and routing #'s so mine and my husbands Social Security checks can be deposited into the correct account. Account the was hacked has been closed.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

They will probably need the new checking account number. Who or where should i give that info to?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/14/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 11 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

It is such an inconvenience when things like this happens. You can either change your bank account info online or contact a local social security office by phone. In order to change the bank info online, you would need to create an online account with social security if you don't already have one. To create the account, go to the following link;

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

If you don't want to deal with the online method, you can call the social security office at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

Let me know if you require additional information relating to this matter. If I have addressed your concerns, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.