Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I applied for ss but then I indicated to receive my benefits…

Customer Question
I applied for ss...

I applied for ss but then I indicated to receive my benefits later. so that my wife and two children would receive benefits. one of the children is my daughter. the other child is from diferent father. My wife left, I want to remove one of the children because he is not my son, and that only my daughter receive benefits. My wife is no longer living with me, we are separated, and I am filing for divorce.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I do not think my wife have reported to the ss office that she is not living in same house.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
well how long will it take to get my answer? let me know. if no answer I will cancel my payment by calling my credit card. thank you
9/13/2017
Social Security Expert: TaxRobin, Tax Preparer replied 11 months ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.