dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I'm 79 and my wife is 77. I have a retirement benefit of

Customer Question

I'm 79 and my wife is 77. I have a retirement benefit of $1659.00 a month and my spouse has retirement benefit of $784.00 a month.If I predecease her, what will her monthly benefit be?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm 79 and my spouse is 77. I currently receive $1659 a month in retirement benefits. My spouse receives $784.00 a month in retirement benefits. If I should die before her, what monthly benefit would she be eligible for?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

She may be eligible for as much as 100% of what you will be receiving at the time of your death depending when she applied for her own benefits. Did she apply before 65?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?