Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to know when my social security benefits will…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know when my social security benefits will start

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I met with a rep the last Tuesday of july and have received no info sence

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My wife died june 25, 2017. i applied for survisor benefits and have received no info or benefits to date

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/13/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 11 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

If you are a widow(er) or surviving divorced spouse and you file an application in the month after the month of the worker's death, you may be entitled to benefits in the month of the worker's death.
So - if you applied in July - you are entitled for benefits for June and July - assuming you are otherwise eligible.

It might take up to three months to process application - and you should receive the full amount retroactively.

I might suggest to contact the SSA and verify the status of your application.

Let me know your zip code and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.