Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I recently retired from Federal Service and want to enroll

Customer Question

I recently retired from Federal Service and want to enroll in Part B since my health insurance carrier (MailHandlers) is now secondary. I understand that the cost will be deducted from my monthly SS check.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How do I enroll?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance), and take or mail it to your local Social Security office. You can also call Social Security’s toll-free number 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). or contact your local Social Security office.