James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
76451072

I can't get into my ss account. I don't remember my user id

Customer Question

I can't get into my ss account. I don't remember my user id and passwork
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I would like to print out a copy of ss for next year
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No I am a widow
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll help you with your problem. The online system is pretty easy to get into if you have your personal ID information handy. Go to the sign in page and click on "forgot username." Enter your email address, social security number, and date of birth. That will get you your user name. Then, click on "forgot password." Enter your user name, social security number, and date of birth, and then answer three identity verification questions. You'll then receive a link to reset your password.

If you can't remember your password ***** answers, select "I can't remember my answers." If you have registered your cell phone as a second factor, they will email a temporary password ***** you. If you only provided an email address, or haven't registered a second method, they will send you a temporary password ***** U.S. mail in 5-10 business days.

Remember, you can always visit your local office for assistance, or call them between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. at(###) ###-####for a live customer service rep. Wait time averages 36 minutes, according to the SSA.

Hope that helped. Let me know if you need more info....