Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am on my husband social security,want to change mine to my

Customer Question

I am on my husband social security,want to change mine to my social security
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am70 years old I want to draw my on social security.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i had an appointment for sept 11, we had to leave because of hurricane,i never got the call.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

I'm so sorry, but you'll need to call the 1-800 number to re-schedule the appointment OR you can have the phone representative pull up your records and tell you what documentation you need to send to the local office to complete the application.

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.