Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am from India on H1B work visa for close to 10 years

Customer Question
Hi, I am from...

Hi, I am from India on H1B work visa for close to 10 years working for a US employer. I am going to contribute 40 quarters to my Social Security account and about to complete 65 years of age. Once I fulfill these criteria, if I want to go back to India can I get my social benefits as one time lumpsum amount? Note that I may not get my permanent residence status in next 1 year and I am not sure when I will get it with a long Q.

Accountant's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am a legal non-immigrant status on H1B

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is nothing beyond to say from my end

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/12/2017
Social Security Expert: Expert_James,
 replied 11 months ago
Expert_James

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.