lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I want to file for retirement. i want to put in for my

Customer Question

I want to file for retirement.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i want to put in for my retirement.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: well i am only going to be 64 when it comes up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse's, Medicare or Disability Benefits online.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can:

• Call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****); or
  • Visit your local Social Security office. An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.

As you are 64 - you will not be eligible for Medicare - that eligibility will start when you turn 65.

Let me know if you need any help to proceed.