How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12673
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get copies of my Mother's past forms SSA-1099 for

Customer Question

I need to get copies of my Mother's past forms SSA-1099 for 2013-15, I am the executrix of her estate, I was her guardian.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need for tax purposes, my mother's SSA-forms 1099 for 2014 2015, I am the execurtix of her estate and was her legal guardian (papers on file)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

I'm so sorry, but the only way to retrieve this information is to call the 1-800 number OR go into a local office.


The only way to do this electronically would be to pretend to be here (which technically is not allowed by social security, but that's really about identity theft protection) and answer enough questions to sign into her "MySocialSecurity" account:


And if the death has already been reported that may not work, depending on how quickly SSA processes the death certificate.


By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. THEY can send you this.



(3) ... You can go into by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way will compensate me for the work here.



Hi My name’s Lane - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986