Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can I get a copy of my Mom's Form SSA-1099, I have a Café #

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a copy of my Mom's Form SSA-1099, I have a Café # and her SS#

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My mom lives in Germany and the form was sent to her there, but now can't find it. I am trying to file late tax returns for her.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/12/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 8 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Note:

In this situation, you will have to follow these instructions as if you were your mother. As long as you are "authorized" (by her) to receive this information, there's no problem.

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't show up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at ssa.gov at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail. Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route:

www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

Click on the Sign In or Create an Account

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

Scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form should appear.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want.

Please note the the SSA is constantly upgrading their web pages, so it is possible that you might encounter slight variances in wording, etc. on the web pages.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

keeperumiami
keeperumiami