How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Daloisio Your Own Question
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 98
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
James Daloisio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am so frustrated. I have called 4 times, left on hold for

Customer Question

I am so frustrated. I have called 4 times, left on hold for 2-3 minutes and then hung up on
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to find a way to get a copy of my 1090s for 2016 . For Soc Security and my investment anuity
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Oh, have I upset you. That was not my intention
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m one of the tax experts here on JustAnswer. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I see that you need copies of your 1099's from Social Security and from your annuity. The quickest way is to go to the IRS website, at, and click on "Get My Tax Record." Then, read carefully the instructions that tell you what information you will need to obtain your transcript. If you're able to gather the necessary information, click on "Get Transcript Online." Once you complete the process and have access to your transcript, select "Wage and Income." You will then have a transcript of all of the income documents filed with the IRS.

If you are unable to access your transcripts online, you may have your tax preparer or accountant submit a power of attorney, form 2848, to the IRS. It takes about a week for the document to be recorded at the Central Authorization File unit, but once it's recorded your representative can go online with IRS e-services and access your transcripts immediately.

Your SSA-1099 may be accessed by creating an online account with the social security administration, if you don't already have one. Just go to, click on "Sign In or Create an Account," and it takes about ten minutes. You'll need your name as it appears on your social security account, your social security number, date of birth, a U.S. mailing address, a U.S. driver's license or ID card, and it helps if you have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages although not mandatory. You'll choose a user name and password, and they will send you a security code via email or text. That's it. Once online you'll be able to access all of your social security account information including your 1099.

I hope this has been helpful for you. If you need more information feel free to follow up here. Thank you.