keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I can't find my social security award letter for 2017. It's

Customer Question

I can't find my social security award letter for 2017. It's required for buying a house. How can I get a replacement?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware, per my mortgage company requests
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The Social Security Administration (SSA), has provided a method for you to print out your own copy of several "official" notifications, including a verification of your benefits and duplicate copies of 1099s, etc. that have been furnished to you.

You will need to go to http://ssa.gov

You will need to set up a "MySocialSecurity" account, and once you do that, you will be able to access the documents that are available for you to print online.

Let me know if you have any follow-up question or if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,