How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I continue to receive my benifits if I relocate to a

Customer Question

can I continue to receive my benifits if I relocate to a foreign country ?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: A very simple quiston dear, please give my a small break
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

In general - yes - if these are Title II social security benefits which are based on your working records.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

The Payments Abroad Screening Tool will help you learn if you can receive benefits outside the United States. By answering a few short questions, you will learn if your Social Security payments will continue.

Let me know if you need any help with determination.