How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29973
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Apply for Medicare again, I had moved to Europe and had

Customer Question

Apply for Medicare again
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had moved to Europe and had cancelled Medicare now I am back in the states and I need it again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

You can suspend (opt out) of Medicare Part B - that is your choice.

To disenroll, you should submit a form CMS-1763 that must be completed either during a personal interview at a Social Security office or on the phone with a Social Security representative.

You may need to apply again.

If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance), and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.

Here is the form

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
89027. I cancelled out of A and B
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Better to go to an SS office
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

Address*****br />NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89032

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

Phone:1-866_613_3946 TTY:1-800_325_0778

You might want to call and set an appointment.
They are working today and tomorrow 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM