Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Apply for Medicare again, I had moved to Europe and had

Customer Question
Apply for Medicare again ...

Apply for Medicare again

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I had moved to Europe and had cancelled Medicare now I am back in the states and I need it again

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/11/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 11 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You can suspend (opt out) of Medicare Part B - that is your choice.

To disenroll, you should submit a form CMS-1763 that must be completed either during a personal interview at a Social Security office or on the phone with a Social Security representative.

You may need to apply again.

If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance), and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.

Here is the form

http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms-Items/CMS017339.html

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

89027. I cancelled out of A and B
Better to go to an SS office

Address*****br />NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89032

Phone:1-866_613_3946 TTY:1-800_325_0778

You might want to call and set an appointment.
They are working today and tomorrow 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM