How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15747
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Changing tax deduction, As of now I am not having any

Customer Question

changing tax deduction
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: As of now I am not having any federal taxes removed from my benefits. I wish to change this. How do we go about doing this.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

You will need to complete the W4V (following is a link to the form)

Mail it or take it to your SSA office . Please note that you will have to choose a % and you cannot request a specific dollar amount on the form.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

You can have 7%, 10%, 15% or 25% of your monthly benefit withheld for taxes.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

Did you get the tax withholding changed?