James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
76451072

Waiting on first ss check, how do I track issuance of

Customer Question

Waiting on first ss check, how do I track issuance of benefits check?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: just entered benefits program, how do I track issuance of first check?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: my immediate concern is relative to direct deposit to checking account to my bank, however since application, processing and expected issuance, I had miss placed my check book. Expected to complete receipt of first issuance to existing direct deposit before I change direct deposit with SSS.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** are three ways for you to keep track of what is going on with your Social Security benefit payment.

1. You can go to your local Social Security office and speak with someone in person there.

2. You can call the customer service number(###) ###-####between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and you can speak with some one by phone. There is an average wait time of 36 minutes.

3. You can go online to the Social Security website and create your an account. This is the fastest and easiest way as you will always have access to your account without having to call anyone or go anywhere. If you don't already have an account you can create one by following these steps:

A. Go to the site: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

B. Click on "Sign In or Create an Account"

C. You will need the following items: Your social security number, your name as it appears on your social security account, a U.S. address, a valid email address, a valid U.S. driver's license or ID card, and it helps to have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages, although this isn't mandatory.

D. The program will ask you for some personal information. Then you will choose a user name and a password. Then it will send you a security code via email or text. Just follow the prompts and you're done.

Once you have created an account you will be able to monitor your payments, change your direct deposit account, review your history, print a benefits verification letter, etc.

Hope that helped! If you are satisfied with this response I'd appreciate a positive rating. You may always return and ask follow up questions at no additional charge. Thank you!