dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My wife began drawing Social Security at 62. She is now 65.

Customer Question

My wife began drawing Social Security at 62. She is now 65. Her lupus and fiber malaga have advanced to the point she can no longer work to supplement her income. Could she be eligible for some disability payment or have her Social Security payment increased to full benefit?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: She is also dealing with liver issues and other health problems. I turn 70 in October and draw full Social Security and VA disability.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If the social security determines that her disability started before 62 than she will get the increase for life plus the retroactive payments. But if social security declares her as disabled at 65 she will get higher benefits until her full retirement age and after that her benefits will go back down to the current amount.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?