dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am male 73 yrs drawing s.s at age 66.2, My wife is now

Customer Question

I am male 73 yrs drawing s.s at age 66.2, My wife is now 68,She draws at 63,Now she will get 1/2 of my s.s. Now my question is, She wii get the difference,Between her drawing age 66.2. Thank you very much in advance Mxxxx Dxxxx.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Because she applied for the benefits at 63 she permanently reduced her own, spousal but also her widows benefits. The reduction is for the rest of her life. Which means she will only get 37.5% of what you were entitled to at your full retirement age (at 65) or her own if higher. If you die before she does, she will get 80% of what you will be getting at the time of your death.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?