Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I turned in all my paper work. How will it be before I find

Customer Question

I turned in all my paper work. How long will it be before I find out what I am getting and when it starts coming?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: In August, I applied online for social security and talked to a person that helped me. I needed to turn in two more forms that I turned in around August 14th. When can I be expecting to hear if I need to do more or when it is starting?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No I turned everything in.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What's the date you requested your benefits to start?

It normally takes Social Security 3-4 months to process your application for benefits.

If you have an online Social Security account, you can find out your monthly benefit amount there.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I wanted the benefits to start in july
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

This past July?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

As I mentioned, it takes 3-4 months for Social Security to process your application for benefits.

If you applied in August, you will not receive a payment until November or December.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

My pleasure.

Please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was well pleased
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Thank you!