Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I turned in all my paper work. How will it be before I find…

Customer Question
I turned in all...

I turned in all my paper work. How long will it be before I find out what I am getting and when it starts coming?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In August, I applied online for social security and talked to a person that helped me. I needed to turn in two more forms that I turned in around August 14th. When can I be expecting to hear if I need to do more or when it is starting?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No I turned everything in.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/9/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 11 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What's the date you requested your benefits to start?

It normally takes Social Security 3-4 months to process your application for benefits.

If you have an online Social Security account, you can find out your monthly benefit amount there.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Ok. I wanted the benefits to start in july

This past July?

As I mentioned, it takes 3-4 months for Social Security to process your application for benefits.

If you applied in August, you will not receive a payment until November or December.

Thank you

My pleasure.

Please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you.

Thank you.

I was well pleased

Thank you!