Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my SSA-1099 2016 for tax purpose. What do I…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my SSA-1099 2016 for tax purpose. What do I put in to get it online??

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My SSA-1099 is lost and I need a copy for my taxes

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My name and soc. security number

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/8/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 11 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can download the form from your online social security account or get a transcript from the IRS. To access your social security or the IRS online account you will need to create user name and password ***** complete the verification process.

Here are the links:

IRS: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript . Make sure to request a FORM transcript, not a return transcript.

Social security: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?