Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

DO I HAVE TO GO TO AN OFFICE TO APPLY? I TURNED 62 ON

Customer Question
DO I HAVE TO...

DO I HAVE TO GO TO AN OFFICE TO APPLY? I TURNED 62 ON 08/23/2017

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I turned 62 last month and would like to apply for social security.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I am still working and will retire at the end of feb 2018.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/8/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 11 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You do not need to go to the office to apply for your benefits, you can do it online. If you apply at 62 you will get about 75% of your full time retirement age amount and if you continue working and earn more than 17K annually your benefits may be reduced or eliminated by your earnings. If you continue working I would suggest to visit your local office or at least call the social security and check how your earnings will affect your benefits.