How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29971
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am turning 70. I want to start receiving my social

Customer Question

I am turning 70. I want to start receiving my social security benefits. What do I need to do to start them?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i received a letter from social security saying that I need to take my benefits now. I am 69 and will be 70 in. January. Are there forms I fill commence my benefits?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am not working. I have not worked since I was 62? I did not need the monthly check so my accountant told me to wait until 60 so I would get a bigger check.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

If you applied for social security benefits previously - and suspended them - you do not need to apply again - and your benefits will start automatically when you turn 70.

If you never applied - you may apply now.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

You Can Apply

  • Online - Use our Social Security Retirement/Medicare Benefit Application to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's or Medicare benefits.

  • By phone - Call us at 1-***-***-****. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-***-***-****.

  • In person - Visit your local Social Security office. (Call first to make an appointment.)

Let me know if you need any further help.