James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
76451072

Where do I go to change my email address phone number?

Customer Question

Where do I go to change my email address phone number? Thanks
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We moved, in March 2017, to a different city. We contacted social security, with the new info. I have recently purchased a new computer, with a new email address. We also, changed phone companies. I am needing to print a statement of benefits, for me and my husband. We applied, for a loan, and they need this paperwork. HELP!! Thanks
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Is anyone there??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m an attorney, and I am sorry that you've had to wait so long for a response here. If you still need the information, here it is:

The best way to do what you need to do is to create an online account at socialsecurity.gov/myaccount. Go to the website and click on "Sign in or create an account." You will need your social security number, your name as it appears on your social security card, a U.S. address, valid email address (you can use your new one), driver's license/i.d. card, and it helps to have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages but it's not mandatory. The program will ask you for some personal information and will send you a security code either by email or by text (your choice). Once you're signed up you'll be able to control your personal information, print your benefits letter, review your history, etc.

Of course, you have the alternative of just visiting your local office, and you can always call them for more into:(###) ###-####between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wait time averages 36 minutes.

I hope this has answered your question! If so a positive rating would be appreciated. You can always return with follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you!