Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

What do I need to submit to be eligible to be disabled and

Customer Question

what do I need to submit to be eligible to be disabled and on social security?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am 62 next week and going to retire from the state. But I have been diagnosed recently with advanced emphysema.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Like what? I am married and a resident of Arizona.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 month ago.

It is theoretically possible to get disability social security - -although you would have to prove that you cannot work because of your disability. Furthermore, you will be eligible for benefits within a couple years, and you can only get one benefit anyways. However, you can apply -- simply go to your local office. They will look over your medical records and make a determination.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.