Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I want to know if I get social security if my late husband

Customer Question

I want to know if I get social security if my late husband has died?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We married in Atlantic City , New Jersey May 17,1953 and divorced on Sept. 26,1972 in Honolulu Hawaii.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am receiving social security from my working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

• receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.
  • begin receiving benefits as early as age 50 if you are disabled AND the disability started before or within seven years of the worker's death.

Click here to go to the Social Security Administration webpage that will provide additional information and allow you to file a claim.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.