How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JudgeLaw Your Own Question
JudgeLaw, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 34473
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
JudgeLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married 27 yrs. to my first husband. Am i entital ed,

Customer Question

I was married 27 yrs. to my first husband. Am i entital ed
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can I
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Am I entitled to any benefits even if i married again. my first husband did not remarry and passed in 1989
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  JudgeLaw replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

Unfortunately, if you remarried, that would cut off entitlement to benefits based on the first husband's social security account. It would not have been a problem if he had remarried, but you had not. But if you had remarried then you can not collect based on his account.

I am sorry. i wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  JudgeLaw replied 1 month ago.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question.

Expert:  JudgeLaw replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!