Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Who do I contact about the death of my husband, My husband

Customer Question

Who do I contact about the death of my husband
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My husband passed away on August 30th 2017 and I don't know what I'm supposed to do or who to contact.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

I am so sorry for your loss of spouse.Call here and make appointment, you have to go in person to local social security office.You get spousal benefits and a one time death benefit as well.

Here is contact information.

Widows, widowers, and surviving divorced spouses cannot apply online for survivors benefits. If they want to apply for disability benefits on your record, they should contact Social Security at

1-***-***-**** to request an appointment.

I appreciate the chance to help you today, wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is m uch appreciated.

Reference

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown2.html