James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
76451072

I have to change my direct deposit bank account, I have

Customer Question

I have to change my direct deposit bank account
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have changed my bank account number at Wells Fargo and have to give SS my new bank number immediately as it pays my mortgage and I need to make sure it will be deposited as soon as possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no I just need SS to make sure they have my new bank acct #
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you out with your question about your social security deposit account. You have several options.

1. You can go to your local social security office with the new information and they will handle it for you right away.

2. You can go online to your social security account and change it. If you do not have an online account, you can create one by going to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount and clicking on "Sign in or Create an Account." You will need a U.S address, a U.S. drivers license or ID card, a valid email address, and it helps to have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages although not mandatory. Just follow the instructions and in ten minutes you'll have an online account where you'll be able to change your direct deposit information any time you need to.

3. You can call the social security customer service number,(###) ###-#### between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and you'll get a live person to help you. The average hold time on this line is 36 minutes.

Any one of these methods will work for you. I hope this answered your question; if so I'd appreciate a positive rating here! You may always return with follow up questions at no additional cost to you. Thank you!!!