dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

A child's social security ends at 18 is there anyway to

Customer Question

A child's social security ends at 18 is there anyway to reinstate it if they attend college
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The child's mom is deceased and his dad is receiving social security for him, he lives with his grandma but we do not want to rock the boat, just wondering if he is entitled to social security while he is in college
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately not. He can receive benefits until age of 19 if to complete 12 grades. But unless disabled the child is not entitled to benefits beyond 18 (19 if still in school).