How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7197
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have lost our 2016, Our names are Judy &

Customer Question

My husband and I have lost our 2016
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Our names are Judy & Ivar Ringdahl. We have lost our SSA for 2016. We need them to do our taxes 2016. Extension deadline looms
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so--
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

You will have to follow these directions separately for each one of you.

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't show up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail. Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route:

Click on the Sign In or Create an Account

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form should be available.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.